TACLOBAN CITY—A 19-year-old student died after he was electrocuted while searching for a mobile phone signal in their village in Calbayog City, Samar on Wednesday night.
John Rey Dultra of P-1, Barangay Rizal 1 of Calbayog City, was looking for a mobile phone signal at around 7:30 p.m. when he accidentally came in contact with an active live wire from a street light post.
Police investigators did not found any foul play in the death of Dultra whose remains were brought in a funeral parlor.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.